Tuesday, July 7, 2015

This morning I, Stefano, woke up, fired up and ready to eat my breakfast. After a very rushed meal I hurried to El Tambo because I slept in. From El Tambo we all rolled out with the buffest swag you have ever seen. When we reached our destination (the elementary school), we were confronted with a challenge. The door was locked. I as leader of the day and because I was bitten by a spider, I unleashed the spiderman in me and hopped the 11 foot gate and I opened sesame. When we all pranced in like a bunch of innocent school girls, Beto (our fearless leader) began to scream like Joe Pa, instructing us on what to do. We ended up mixing poop (manure), water, and grass seeds to sprinkle all over the dirt wasteland. we spend around 4 hours at work and managed to cover more than half the field. After we had gotten down and dirty for a marathon long amount of absolute savagery, we all went back home. At home I made a fire and warmed up some water to a climatic temperature, so I could shower. In the shower a cleaned up nice and shampooed. after drying of, I changed and ate the best meal I've had since I've been in Ollanta. I won't disclose my meal just to keep you guessing but I'll give you a hint and say it involved fried trout. After lunch I procrastinated for a bit and then went to El Tambo once more. When we all gathered up like wolves I as the alpha wolf lead my ferocious pack back to the school were we had workshops to conduct with the swarm of high pitched, excited, and just absolutely insane kids. The workshops were an absolute success. Aron, Aidan, Nilah, and I played against a group of adolescent girls who breathed and lived for volleyball. We were able to take the win in two sets even though we were out numbered, because our team chemistry was straight fire. We would lay it up for each other to spike it consistently. At the end of the two sets it was time to go and we left towards El Tambo for a group meeting. During the meeting we shared what had happened today and also shared some delicious snacks. We're going to Machu Picchu tomorrow, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment